The best-known non-impact printers are the inkjet printer and the laser printer. The inkjet sprays ink from an ink cartridge at very close range to the paper as it rolls by, while the laser printer uses a laser beam reflected from a mirror to attract ink (called toner) to selected paper areas as a sheet rolls over a drum.
Different types of printers
There are many different printer manufacturers available today, including Canon, Epson, Hewlett-Packard, Xerox and Lexmark, among many others. There are also several types of printers to choose from, which we’ll explore below.
- Inkjet printers recreate a digital image by spraying ink onto paper. These are the most common type of personal printer.
- Laster printers are used to create high-quality prints by passing a laser beam at a high speed over a negatively charged drum to define an image. Color laser printers are more often found in professional settings.
- 3D printers are a relatively new printer technology. 3D printing creates a physical object from a digital file. It works by adding layer upon layer of material until the print job is complete and the object is whole.
- Thermal printers produce an image on paper by passing paper with a thermochromic coating over a print head comprised of electrically heated elements and produces an image in the area where the heated coating turns black. A dye-sublimation printer is a form of thermal printing technology that uses heat to transfer dye onto materials.
- All-in-one printers are multifunction devices that combine printing with other technologies such as a copier, scanner and/or fax machine.
- LED printers are similar to laser printers but use a light-emitting diode array in the print head instead of a laser.
- Photo printers are similar to inkjet printers but are designed specifically to print high-quality photos, which require a lot of ink and special paper to ensure the ink doesn’t smear.
Epson Printers, Printers
Epson L5190 Wi-Fi All-in-One Ink Tank Printer with ADF
CONNECTIVITY MEETS EFFICIENCY, ALL-IN-ONE.
Print, scan, copy, fax and connect with ease. The economical, multi-function EcoTank L5190 has a variety of features that makes it the ideal printer for business. Save on printing with Epson’s affordable ink bottles, designed for spill- and error-free refilling via designated nozzles on the L5190’s integrated ink tanks. Enjoy a full suite of connectivity features such as Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct and Ethernet. Choose the complete printing solution for business now.
- Compact integrated tank design
- High yield ink bottles
- Spill-free, error-free refilling
- Print, scan, copy, fax with ADF
- Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct
- Epson Connect
- Borderless printing up to 4R
Epson Printers, Printers
Epson L850 Photo All-in-One Ink Tank Printer
Multi-functional Borderless Photo Printing with savings you can enjoy
Imaging enthusiasts and professionals can look forward to the 6-colour ink tank system, presenting vibrant borderless prints and unrivalled performance at a remarkably low cost through this 3-in-1 photo printer.
- High-yield ink bottles
- 2.7 colour LCD screen
- Direct printing via memory card slot, USB port and PictBridge
- CD/DVD printing